We at c-cloud social media department are happy to issue v1.0 of the famous “2014 Predictions” – we stand behind them. If any of them do not come true, we shall be renamed from c-cloud to cloud-cloud. This is a public challenge our department is issuing. These predictions are based on painstaking research and careful review by an independent third party ( our friendly bartender ) for accuracy. Ladies and Gentlemen, here are the top 10 predictions:
- There will be a minimum of 3 separate instances where OpenStack AWS Interop will be discussed on twitter
- There will be at least 2 public fights between CF and OpenShift
- IBM will talk about how it is dominating the Cloud computing – not one person outside Raleigh would believe it.
- VMware will have a conference for its partners – many of us will scratch our heads again after that conference
- RAX viability will again be questioned by people who can’t even read their grocery bill and understand it
- Oracle will again highlight the laziness of its salesforce
- HP will announce that they are the leading provider of Cloud with known issues.
- There will be people tweeting ‘Coffee’ every month in 2014
- Atleast 10 people will salivate over how NetFlix is using AWS
- Box will raise money again
Signed, The Futurists of the C-Cloud Social Media Department.